Clinical Trials at Participating Member Locations
Working with the University of Kansas Cancer Center, MCA members have access to advanced clinical trials at participating member location sites across the region.
The MCA works with the University of Kansas Cancer Center to offer access to its advanced clinical trials at MCA sites across the region. MCA members are kept up-to-date on all University of Kansas Cancer Center clinical trials through a monthly Clinical Trials Reference Guide e-mail and through this searchable database.
All MCA members participating in clinical trials will need to first complete a site visit and assessment of their clinical trials infrastructure and staffing before enrolling patients. MCA Clinical Research Partners are eligible to enroll patients at their location in selected MCA-sponsored multi-site trials and selected KU investigator-initiated trials based on their clinical research capacity. All trials are open for referral at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
MCA-Sponsored Clinical Trials
- Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials: Novel trials developed at The University of Kansas Cancer Center by KU's physician-investigators.
- NCI National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN): MCA clinical trials members are able to enroll patients on National Cancer Institute [NCI] sponsored treatment and screening trials through membership in SWOG. SWOG is a network of researchers that design and conduct cancer clinical trials operating under a grant awarded by the National Cancer Institute
- MCA works with industry/pharmaceutical companies to offer participation in a limited number of cancer clinical trials.
Clinical Trial Resources
- Clinical Trial FAQ, presented by the Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP)
- Clinical Trials Webinar, presented by Share Cancer Support
- General Clinical Research Overview, presented by the Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP)
- MCA Clinical Trials